What is the Torch PMaaS?
As the demand for more technology related solutions to solve business problems has grown, Torch has seen an increased need within businesses that requires experienced ICT Project Management skills to roll out such solutions. Organizations who have dedicated Project Management teams generally do not have problems with this. However, many companies do not have dedicated Project Management resources and therefore need temporary Project Management Resources to get projects over the line (on time and within budget).
Thus Torch Project Management as a Service (PMaas) was created. Torch now offers PMaaS as a stand-alone service which can be deployed to fill any resource gaps for the Customer to achieve technology, policy and efficiency related project goals, both internal and external.
The Torch Project Management Office is made up of certified Project Management professionals, with a variety of experience and best practice methodologies in order to ensure that projects get delivered on time and on budget and that expectations are managed accordingly. Our team will manage your project from planning to execution assertively to deliver the best possible outcome for your business. While we have our own templates and systems, we are more than willing to operate in your preferred structure, systems and templates in order to make this a consistent experience for those encountering the project documentation.
Track Record and Benefits
At Torch we are big on change management. The best way to kill a project is by lack of communication. Our project managers are sensitive to the importance of communicating clearly up front and all the way through the project to all stakeholders and those affected.
Projects Undertaken by Torch PMaaS
|TEM Reporting||Telecoms Technology||Schedule Management of tiered Customer Telecom Expense Management reports|
|Fixed Data Network||Logistics||Carrier and Customer liaison for new fixed data network implementation|
|Mobile Policy & Managed Services On-boarding||Mining||Mobile Policy update
Managed Services onboarding
|Fixed Data Network||Logistics||Carrier and Customer liaison for new fixed data network implementation
Redundant network service cancellations
|Telecom Estate Revamp||Security||RFP and Carrier negotiations
Schedule Management for new fixed data network implementation
|Mobile Policy & Managed Services On-boarding||Security||Mobile Policy refresh
Implementation Schedule Management
|Contactability Research and Benchmarking||Insurance||Schedule Management|
|Change Management and Transition||Hospitality||Policy Update
|Cherwell||Professional services||Service desk platform implementation|
|SiteLight||Professional services||Internal tool for Customer site auditing|
|PMO||Professional services||Document Management|
Benefits of PMaaS
- Pay only for the service for as long as you need it.
- No long term contracts.
- No overhead costs (office space, parking, and IT equipment).
- Significantly lower management overheads.
- Competitive fees.
- Experienced PMO within your reach for short consultations at short notice.
- Specialist telecommunications knowledge.
- No need to employ expensive permanent project managers.
- No need to waste time and money on recruiting project managers.
- Best practice templates and documentation.
- Well defined business requirements documentation and process outlines to ensure smooth transitions into operations and support at the end of the project.
- Experienced Assertive results driven PMO to hold accountable for the results and see the project though to the end.
- Continuity across the various streams in the business if PMO is used to run multiple projects at the same time.
- Can be used to introduce new project managers to a project for on the job guidance on methods and standards.
Torch Project Management Operating Modules
Dependent on your particular needs, Torch offers the following PMaaS Operating Modules from something to bridge the gap to a fully supported service.
Nice and easy Helicopter PM
High-Level Management. Just need minor assistance to get a project over the line? Have someone liaise between you and the vendor (or other external parties) to not have to deal with the day to day issues of the implementation.
Let’s get serious in the Trenches
In-Depth Management. Torch will provide an on-site resource to run the project on behalf of the customer. Projects can be either external or internally focused.